Re: found net prob, temp fixed. installed xfce4, how to autostart it?

On Tuesday 26 September 2017 04:23:39 Andrew M.A. Cater wrote:

> On Sun, Sep 24, 2017 at 10:09:02PM +0000, Andrew M.A. Cater wrote:
> > Same hardware and base system here.You might need to add a login
> > manager - I'll check :)
>
> Stock rocks64 stretch image
>
> Just sudo su - as below.
>
> Use tasksel to install LXDE - it "just works"

How about xfce4?  Its wm seems more complete. The question is which one
is the most likely to use the mali gfx drivers on an arm64?

> If you're still having problems with interfaces, lo and so on - let me
> know and I'll copy across known good files for you to check.
>
> Did the locales and timezone fixes help?

Yes, thank you.

> All the  best,
>
> Andy C

Re sudo, I normally use sudo bash or sudo -i for that, either works but
bash doesn't put me in an empty /root directory.

Thanks Andy.

Cheers, Gene Heskett
-Ed Howdershelt (Author)