found net prob, temp fixed. installed xfce4, how to autostart it?

Greetings; Rock64, minimal stretch install.

I'd like to auto-start xfce4 on a rock64.  Its installed now but startx
can't be found.

Also, I'm getting warnings as I install stuff because the locale isn't
set, how do I fix that on the arm64 version of stretch? I see
an /etc/locale.gen but while running locale does setup some stuff, the
timezone isn't affected, nor the LANGUAGE setting.  And the clock is off
4 hours fast as its on UTC. The timezone file
contains "America/New_York" w/o the quotes.

I will make the comment that this rock64 is at least 20x faster than the
raspi-3b, plumb amazing. I've installed a bunch of stuff in the last 20
minutes that the pi would be about a late dinner time this evening
doing.

Thanks all.

Cheers, Gene Heskett
-Ed Howdershelt (Author)