Re: found net prob, temp fixed. installed xfce4, how to autostart it?

On Tue, Sep 26, 2017 at 03:42:51PM -0400, Gene Heskett wrote:
> On Tuesday 26 September 2017 04:23:39 Andrew M.A. Cater wrote:
>
> > On Sun, Sep 24, 2017 at 10:09:02PM +0000, Andrew M.A. Cater wrote:
> > > Same hardware and base system here.You might need to add a login
> > > manager - I'll check :)
> >
> > Stock rocks64 stretch image
> >
> > Just sudo su - as below.

sudo su - only because it gives you root's environment and puts you in
root's home directory

> > Use tasksel to install LXDE - it "just works"
> >
> How about xfce4?  Its wm seems more complete. The question is which one
> is the most likely to use the mali gfx drivers on an arm64?

Sorry, my mistake. I'd thought you were installing LXDE. In fact, I used
tasksel to install XFCE with no problems - it also includes lightdm as
a login manager and the whole lot autostarts.

It doesn't really matter: the point is that you can go from command line
only to a complete windowing environment with one command.

> > All the  best,
> >
> > Andy C

And again, all the best.