Re: found net prob, temp fixed. installed xfce4, how to autostart it?

On Sun, Sep 24, 2017 at 12:47:59PM -0400, Gene Heskett wrote:
> Greetings; Rock64, minimal stretch install.
>
> I'd like to auto-start xfce4 on a rock64.  Its installed now but startx
> can't be found.

Same hardware and base system here.You might need to add a login manager
- I'll check :)

> Also, I'm getting warnings as I install stuff because the locale isn't
> set, how do I fix that on the arm64 version of stretch? I see
> an /etc/locale.gen but while running locale does setup some stuff, the
> timezone isn't affected, nor the LANGUAGE setting.  And the clock is off
> 4 hours fast as its on UTC. The timezone file
> contains "America/New_York" w/o the quotes.

Rock64 uses sudo rather than straight su

sudo su -

[Use the password you know]

dpkg-reconfigure -plow tzdata

dpkg-reconfigure -plow locales

should do it. That asks the low level questions and allows you to check
changes made.