Re: Debian and QEMU virtio-net-device

Ian,

I have tried with your command:

qemu-system-arm -M vexpress-a9 \
                -cpu cortex-a9 \
                -kernel /export/armmp/vmlinuz \
                -initrd /export/armmp/initrd.gz \
                -append console=ttyAMA0,115200 \
                -dtb /export/armmp/vexpress-v2p-ca9.dtb \
                -net nic,model=lan9118,netdev=net0 \
                -netdev user,id=net0 \
                -monitor stdio

I have also tried without the last three lines, with

-append root=/dev/mmcblk0p2

both with and without the console parameter,

and

-append root=/dev/mmcblk0

(didn't expect this to work - but worth a try).

None of them give me anything but a blank qemu window. The qemu monitor
says the process is running, but no indication that it's doing anything.

I also remounted the qemu disk and verified the initrd, vmlinuz and .dtb
files matched those downloaded, just in case I corrupted something along
the way.

There's got to be something very basic I'm missing here, but I have no
idea what it is.

Jerry