Re: Debian and QEMU virtio-net-device

On Sat, 2016-11-12 at 16:16 -0500, Jerry Stuckle wrote:
> Ian,
>
> That's interesting, because when I do lsb_release-a returns
>
> No LSB modules are available.
> Distribution ID: Debian
> Release:         8.6
> Codename:        Jessie
>
> /etc/apt/sources.list entries all point at stable, which should be
> jessie, I think.  And the system is up to date.

This is all userspace stuff, which comes from within the VM file
system, but may not correspond to the kernel you are booting.

Your earlier qemu command line seems to indicate that you are picking
up a kernel from the _host_ filesystem. It seems very likely that you
have not updated the kernel and initrd on the host or you are somehow
picking up the older kernel.

Maybe you have tripped over the switch from -vexpress to -armmp kernel
flavour naming -- check that you have the linux-image-armmp installed
and not just the (now out of date) linux-image-vexpress one. Those are
both meta packages which depend on the specific versioned packages.
What does "dpkg -l linux-image-\*" say?

How are you getting the VM filesystem's /boot into your host's
/export/boot where you are booting it from? That process might need
tweaking to pickup the new kernel?

Ian.