Re: Debian and QEMU virtio-net-device

On Fri, 2016-11-11 at 11:55 -0500, Jerry Stuckle wrote:
> Hi, Ian, and thanks again for your time.
>
> No, this is an armhf kernel, installed from
> debian-7.1.0-armhf-netinst.iso (and updated).  It does not include PCI
> support (neither does hardware) and trying to use virtio-net-pci returns
> a message about PCI not found (which it isn't).

I was confused because in Jessie vexpress was merged into the armmp
flavour on armhf and I mistakenly remembered thattra 3.2 was the Jessie
kernel rather than the Wheezy one (which it is).

The virtio options in Wheezy's armhf/vexpress kernel flavour all
involve PCI, not the DTB/mmio based stuff[0], and as you say there is
no PCI on that platform so I guess they are probably useless, sorry.

You could try the Jessie kernel with Wheezy userspace I guess.

Ian.

[0]
wheezy.git$ grep VIRTIO debian//build/config.armhf_none_vexpress
CONFIG_VIRTIO_BLK=m
CONFIG_VIRTIO_CONSOLE=m
CONFIG_HW_RANDOM_VIRTIO=m
CONFIG_VIRTIO_NET=m