Re: Debian and QEMU virtio-net-device

Hi, Ian,

Sorry for the delay - I'm really confused now.

Yes, the vmlinuz and initrd are loaded off the local machine - but these
are the same copies that are in the /boot directory on the Debian guest.
 I would have thought those were updated when I upgraded Debian.

In any case - I looked for an armmp package and found
linux-image-3.16.0-4-armmp.  I installed that package, copied the
vmlinuz-3.16.0-4-armmp and initrd.img-3.16.0-4-armmp files to the host
and rest the symlinks.

Boot only gave me an empty window.  No messages, nothing.  I had to
force close the machine.

According to
https://wiki.debian.org/DebianKernel/ARMMP#fnref-ab595c5be7b24964461cfb9d5a876e5f0de4d301,
it is unknown whether the armmp kernel supports Versatile Express or
not.  From my tries, it looks like it does not.

Is this by any chance a 64bit port?  If so, that would explain the
problem because I'm using a 32bit chip.  Or is there something else I'm
doing wrong here?

And it looks like I have the same problem on the hardware.  Not good...

Thanks,
Jerry