Re: PATA System Slowdown

Now that I have both my PATA and SATA hard drives functional, I
decided to test the speeds that I am getting from both of them and
have found it surprising that my PATA is actually getting better
speeds than my SATA:

optimusprime:/home/john# hdparm -t /dev/sda

/dev/sda:
 Timing buffered disk reads:   80 MB in  3.00 seconds =  26.63 MB/sec
HDIO_DRIVE_CMD(null) (wait for flush complete) failed: Inappropriate
ioctl for device

optimusprime:/home/john# hdparm -t /dev/hda

/dev/hda:
 Timing buffered disk reads:  140 MB in  3.01 seconds =  46.55 MB/sec

Both hard drives are Western Digital 7200RPM.  The SATA is a 200GB
drive and the PATA is a 100GB drive.  My board is an Asus K8V SE
Deluxe, I am using the VIA IDE controller and the VIA SATA controller
(which I read on the list is supposed to be faster than the promise
SATA controller that is also on the board)

-John