Re: PATA System Slowdown

On Tue, 14 Jun 2005 11:46, Corey Hickey wrote:
> John Baab wrote:
> > Here is the output of my lsmod and modprobe -l, to me everything seems in
> > place. optimusprime:/home/john# lsmod
> > Module                  Size  Used by
<snip>
> > via82cxxx              13680  0 [permanent]
> > ide_generic             1664  0 [permanent]
> Hmm. You said earlier that you have an Asus K8V Deluxe SE. You are using
> the onboard IDE, right? The driver above should do it, but it's possible
> that since you have a very recent board the driver doesn't yet support
> your IDE chipset. Unless I'm on the wrong track; I haven't had a VIA
> motherboard in a long time.

It has loaded the via82cxxx *after* the ide_generic module.  Hence the
ide_generic driver (that doesn't allow DMA to be turned on) is being used.

In /etc/modules put "via82cxxx" above ide_generic (if it appears), and reboot.
If via82cxxx is the right module, DMA should be enabled.

Later
Lee Begg