Re: fam problems

Graham Smith wrote:
I, as I am sure many of your do, suffer from the "fam problem". Basically it goes like this: I will be working away quite happily, I go to open a file and fam hits 100% cpu load and never stops. This has happened with all my Debian boxes (testing and unstable on i386 and pure64).
One easy way to try this is to hit a mounted remote file and not have portmap running. famd will go into 'D' and never leave.

Use gamin instead.  FAM is dead technology.

However, interesting, even though gamin is supposed to be a drop-in replacement for FAM, I've had it break with courier-imap before.

Adam

--
Internal Virus Database is out-of-date.