Re: SATA Silicon Image 3114 support for A64 images ?

Hi Tudiatya,

The MSI K8N Neo2, if that's the board you have, should be
using the nforce3 chipset, which has an nforce3 sata raid
and a silicon image 3512 sata raid.

If that's correct, I'd try this:

1. Undo the overclocking to get the installation done

2. If the sata raid still isn't automatically detected, is it
possible to go into the shell and issue 'modprobe sata_sil'?
That is the module you need for the sii3512

3. I don't recall now, but it's possible that the sata_nv has
problems in 2.6.8. If that's the case, I would install Debian on
a sata_sil drive, and then upgrade the kernel

4. To use the nforce3 NIC, you'll need a more recent kernel in
any case -- I recommend vanilla 2.6.12-rc2 from kernel.org,
but kernel-source-2.6.11 is available from Debian and may
work fine. The NIC needs the forcedeth driver. Note that it
doesn't show up in lspci, but it works fine.

5. If you have a second Marvell Yukos NIC, it may still need
some firmware not included in Debian (not free); a working
driver is available in the vanilla kernel (sk98lin)

Running a live CD and getting a lspci, lsmod, and dmesg output is
always worth doing, even before asking for help!

Dave