SATA Silicon Image 3114 support for A64 images ?

Hi there,

I'm using a MSI K8N Neo2 Platinum - 4 SATA port, 2 of them nVidia, 2 of them
Silicon Image controllers. The built-in nvidia controller isn't much useful,
since it's clock isn't fixed 33MHz - as I raise "FSB", it raises too and
leads to serious freezes right at the beginning of the boot process.

Do you dear Debian Sarge driver developers see ANY chance of integrating
this module into the Debian Installer's module list ? Lots of A64
motherboards use this, I use DDR500 anyway, CPU @ 2500 instead of basic 1800
. Sometimes I play, sometimes I would use Debian .. but I can't (I won't go
down with the clock, it's rock stable right now for days and fast enough).

I tried to install several images and daily builds with sata_nv support,
but:
1) I had to plug my HDD to the nVidia connector (the one NOT next to the
CPU/AGP)
2) I had to go back to the basic clock 1800 in order to be able to boot in
on the nVidia controller
3) At every install at the first reboot while the system boots, I always get
messages like "sata controller enabled" and after it "sata controller
disabled" (the text may be something else, I don't remember actually). These
messages occur if I press a button on the keyboard but if I don't do
anything it still occurs continuously. It writes everything over what's on
the screen, so I couldn't even set up my adsl account with pppoeconf..
 crazy, stupid, mad thing ..

I think there're too much boards out there in order to make Debian Daily
Builds and Sarge sil3114 compatible - so why doesn't it happen ??? :(

SATA is more than 2 yrs old, and this controller isn't too young at all
anyway.

I don't use Debian (nor any other linux distro) because of it's limitation
on that simple thing, that it won't support my
fixed-33MHz-PCI-Bus-integrated-Silicon Image 3114 controller.

Please, guys, let somebody know that the driver's already out, it only has
to be integrated into the debian installer (and it's modules) in order to be
able to install it onto my SATA HDD - for example, the network install iso-s
.

If it helps, here I found a link to this controller's linux drivers -
decide, which is easier to modify it to Debian "taste", I think it wouldn't
take much time for a Pro, right ???

Check out the "drivers" section:
http://www.siliconimage.com/products/product.aspx?id=28

(One another writing, easy to understand, something else, but it may be a
good starting point, too: http://unclean.org/howto/sii3114_linux.html ).

I'm also likely to test such a finished Debian Installer iso. If it works,
than fine, good job.

Dear Debian Developers - It would be a REALLY huge relief for A64 users,
since the best A64 chipsets come with this controller.. and even I wouldn't
have to suffer under 1) + 2) + 3) (see above).

Don't ask me to build my own Debian Installer on a Windows system, nor to
try it on another Linux machine - I'm not a pro, a beginner, I actually good
in iptables and networking, but kernel "hacking" .. nope.. :/

But I test the image, if somebody helps me make it sil3114 compatible. ;)