Re: X11 server on alpha -- update

On Mon, Oct 26, 2009 at 08:18:05AM -0500, Bob Tracy wrote:
> On Mon, Oct 26, 2009 at 10:05:10PM +1300, Michael Cree wrote:
> > Bob Tracy wrote:
> > >Long story short: 1.7.0.902 fixed the problems with modules not loading
> > >because of undefined symbols, but the end result is no better than what
> > >I reported for the earlier 1.7.0 version.  The mouse cursor is normal
> > >brightness, but the display is otherwise extremely dim:
> >
> > Maybe remove as much as possible from your xorg.conf?  Xserver 1.7
> > should start with a very minimal xorg.conf.  I am not quite sure why you
> > need the NoInt10 and DefaultConnectorTable options.
>
> The reason for "NoInt10" escapes me at the moment...

I actually commented the change in my xorg.conf file :-).  If "NoInt10"
isn't "true", there's a probe for the video BIOS which fails on the
Alpha (or at least, that *used* to be the case).  Since I can't access
the video BIOS, I have to use the default connector table too.  Are you
claiming that the current X server on Alpha can now do something useful
with a x86 video BIOS?  If that's true, I *am* impressed.

--Bob