Re: X11 server on alpha -- update

On 19/10/2009, at 4:35 PM, Bob Tracy wrote:
On Sun, Oct 18, 2009 at 02:56:49PM +1300, Michael Cree wrote:

The attached patch can be applied to the xserver 1.6 branch to fix it
for Alpha.

Thanks for the patch!

I'm happy to report I *almost* have a working X server again! At least,
no segfault on startup.  The only thing now is that the display is
incredibly dim, probably because of a few noted module load failures.
libint10.so and libvgahw.so both failed to load due to undefined _alpha_inb.

Oh, sorry. I produced the patch for the 1.6 branch, that being currently in Debian testing. For the 1.7 xserver you also need to fix up _alpha_inb, etc., to be exported. You also need the patch "Fix undefined symbols on alpha". I am not at the computer with my patches nevertheless you can find it at:

http://cgit.freedesktop.org/xorg/xserver/commit/?h=server-1.7-nominations&id=fff0b2013ad40c6116e92a9c5e233da4a34e6943

The xserver 1.7 nominations branch is at:

http://cgit.freedesktop.org/xorg/xserver/log/?h=server-1.7-branch

There are four patches for Alpha queued for the next Xserver release. With the one mentioned above, and the one I already sent, you have the two necessary to get the Xserver going. The other two are just tidying up the code to reduce the number of compiler warnings.

Michael.