Re: kernel-image packages for alpha in need of testing

Thus spake Nathan Poznick:
> > Hmm, I don't think so; the images I uploaded that used 2.4.26-1-generic
> > couldn't load any modules, so couldn't talk to the NIC at all. :)  This
> > couldn't possibly be the same d-i image that I uploaded...
>
> Actually, mine would always hang before loading the NIC modules.  It
> acts like it's recognizing and scanning the NIC's onboard bridge before
> it knows that it's part of a NIC.

As an aside, after I removed the problematic hardware, I let the
installer continue and it was unable to load any modules... and this was
the cdrom-mini.iso from 13-Jun-2004 13:50.

--
Nathan Poznick <poznick@conwaycorp.net>

Men are wise in proportion, not to their experience, but to their
capacity for experience. - George Bernard Shaw