Re: kernel-image packages for alpha in need of testing

On Sat, Jun 12, 2004 at 05:11:02PM -0500, Nathan Poznick wrote:
> Thus spake Steve Langasek:
> > Yes, you're right, those images still have the old kernel on them.  I've
> > bumped the requested kernel version in d-i and rebuilt, you should get a
> > 2.4.26-1-generic kernel if you re-download.

> Well, it's using the 2.4.26-1-generic kernel now, but it still hangs in
> the same place for me (when it hits the PCI bridge on the NIC).

Hmm, I don't think so; the images I uploaded that used 2.4.26-1-generic
couldn't load any modules, so couldn't talk to the NIC at all. :)  This
couldn't possibly be the same d-i image that I uploaded...

Can you download from <http://people.debian.org/~vorlon/fixed-alpha-kernels/>
again now that the images include a fixed modprobe utility, and see if
the results are any different?

Thanks,
--
Steve Langasek