Re: kernel-image packages for alpha in need of testing

Thus spake Steve Langasek:
> I will be preparing local debian-installer images based on these kernels
> as well, which I should have ready this weekend, for those who would
> prefer to test that way.

I've believe that I've been bitten by this problem (Bug #243992), so I'm
looking forward to finding out if this fixes me up. Since my alpha is
currently sans-OS, I can't test out the kernel packages themselves, I'll
be waiting for the d-i images based on this kernel.  Another added bonus
for me is that the 2.4.26-2 kernels should include the fix to be able to
install onto a DAC960 controller (where my disks are), and hopefully fix
the problem I was having with my 4-port NIC (the PCI bug), thus solving
all my d-i alpha woes in one stroke.

As a random aside, what are the chances of the 2.4.26-2 (or greater)
kernel being used in d-i before the release?  If they're not very good,
do you think it would be possible to get the patch that Herbert applied
to 2.4.26-2 (Bug #244585) backported to the version which will be used?
It'd be nice to finally be able to install onto the Mylex controller...

--
Nathan Poznick <poznick@conwaycorp.net>

One truth stands firm. All that happens in world history rests on
something spiritual. If the spiritual is strong, it creates world
history. If it is weak, it suffers world history. - Albert Schweitzer