Re: (alpha) YES, we have working boot-floppies

Stefan Schroepfer wrote:

> Goswin Brederlow wrote:
> >
> > [...]
> > With or without the bootable flag set?
>
> Without. Not necessary to make such a setting for ARC or
> AlphaBIOS machines (correct me if there are exceptions!).
>
> Just to remember: There are now two reports about Milo
> 2.2.17 not working: On PC164 and on XLT. Both have ARC
> firmware, right Don?

No, my XLT has Alphabios version 5.70 installed.  I have contacted
Stepan Reinauer about this and we are just starting to work on it.  I
have tried both the 2.2.18 and 2.2.17 milos and neither work here. I
have also tried compiling his source using the gcc-3.0 and it bombs
out.  He has not tested his milos on an XLT before due to
non-availability of a test platform, according to his notes.  We may
have a bit of work ahead of us since I am NOT a "coder" and he doesn't
have the hardware.

A note for those who might want to compile the source.  The newer milos
have support for reiserfs available.  This means that you need the
resiserfs patch applied to the kernel source tree, even if you don't use
it in order for the milo source to compile...at least that is happening
here.

Just another "thought"...the XLT is a ALCOR machine.  This problem with
milos might extend to other ALCOR style machines...dunno.

Cheers,
-Don Spoon-