Re: (alpha) YES, we have working boot-floppies

Stefan Schroepfer <whoknows@onlinehome.de> writes:

> Goswin Brederlow wrote:
> >
> > Try the rescue disk. Thats where the kernel is on. The root.bin is
> > just the rmadisk and you have to insert that later when the kernel
> > asks you to.
>
> Boy, am I stupid. O.k., using the right floppy,
> I get (back at milo from potato r0):
> MILO: failed to load the kernel
>
> Could you please say a word about the general
> requirements (something like "milo has to be
> built around kernel x.y.z") or tell us which
> milo version you are using (did I miss that)?

I'm using the potato milo, which is build against 2.0.36 I think. That
works.

Can you ls the disk? Do you see the kernel there?  Theres a link and
the real file. Maybe it doesn't like the link, try the real file.

Or try to copy the kernel to a fat floppy and boot that.

You might also want to try the newer milo posted here before. As soon
as Falk his current work in progress the cvs boot-floppies should
build milo disks as well, that might be worth another try.

I will ask falk to upload a set of milo disks to
ftp://rut.informatik.uni-tuebingen.de/boot-floppies/disks-alpha/ as soon as creating them works.

> Thanks,
> Stefan Schroepfer

MfG
        Goswin