Re: (alpha) YES, we have working boot-floppies

Goswin Brederlow wrote:

> Its not just FAT, Ruffian at least needs a real x86 boot sector.
> Otherwise the disk is not recognised as bootable and booting is denied
> by the bios. Same with the harddisk, the bootable flag must be set on
> the milo partition.
>
> Don't ask me what an Alpha wants to do with a x86 boot sector, the
> bios just insists on it.

Again a second answer from me, I'm beginning to hate
myself ...

The need for a "real x86 boot sector" (as well as the
need for the bootable flag to be set) apparently is
specific to machines with ARCS BIOS from Deskstation
or more precise with the PC-BIOS emulation inside it.

Stefan Schroepfer