Re: Remote kernel debugging an Amiga; was: "BUG: soft lockup" on A1200

Hi,
On Wed, Dec 11, 2019 at 05:29:53PM +0100, Karoly Balogh (Charlie/SGR) wrote:

> I'm happy to share more details over the AmigaOS setup, the download
> scripts we used, the reset-script using RPi GPIO, etc, but given the task
> we had at hand, they are as super minimal, and as sketchy and makeshift as
> you might expect... :) Just ask.
>
> Sorry for the long mail...

Oh no, thanks for the interesting story. I never managed to get the network
running in AOS, so I guess I did the same as Geert:
boot linux, buld/copy the kernel
boot an older kernel to copy the kernel to the affs file system
edit the config
boot aos
boot the new kernel

I don't remember if there were driver floppies for the Ariadne2 or not.
Is there a free AOS network driver?  An AOS ext2 driver would be nice, too,
then we could use just the regular /boot partition.
Can't you use the serial connection to the RasPi to transfer files to the
Amiga, too?
I have a bag of 100MB IDE-flash disks lying around, time to make use of them
and turn on the A2k again... maybe somebody has already built a Zorro card
where we can mount a RasPi as a coprocessor, RAM disk, or control board?
Ah, the possibilities, if only there was more time ;-)

thanks,
Christian