Re: Futex problems with firebird3.0 and openjdk-8 on m68k

On Sun, 21 May 2017, John Paul Adrian Glaubitz wrote:
> On 05/20/2017 08:53 AM, Finn Thain wrote:
> >> Btw, if you build firebird3.0 in this chroot without updating the
> >> glibc, the problem will actually go away.
> >
> > OK, I will try that too. But first I will try to reproduce the bug.
> >
> > What's the quickest way to reproduce the build failure for the
> > firebird3.0 deb?
>
> 1. Make sure you have the necessary "deb-src" entries in your
>    sources.list:
>
> # binary default
> deb http://ftp.ports.debian.org/debian-ports/ unstable main
> deb http://incoming.ports.debian.org/buildd/ unstable main
> deb http://ftp.ports.debian.org/debian-ports/ unreleased main
>
> # source
> deb-src http://ftp.debian.org/debian/ unstable main
> deb-src http://incoming.debian.org/debian-buildd/ buildd-unstable main
>
> 2. Run "apt update"
>
> 3. apt install devscripts && apt build-dep firebird3.0
>
> 4. dget -u http://deb.debian.org/debian/pool/main/f/firebird3.0/firebird3.0_3.0.2.32703.ds4-1.dsc
>
> 5. cd firebird3.0-3.0.2.32703.ds4/
>
> 6. ./debian/rules binary-arch
>
> It should hang at some point when running the compiled binary on Aranym
> or qemu-system. On qemu-user, it will just crash but for other reasons.
>
> Although I didn't test it with qemu-system, I am very confident it
> should hang the same way as on Aranym. The qemu-user crash is related to
> the broken atomics in qemu-user.

The build didn't hang when I ran it (twice) on vanilla kernel v4.11.0 on
Laurent's qemu-system. This rootfs is fully up-to-date, as I described in
earlier in this thread.

The build stops here:

[snip]
touch build-firebird-stamp
touch build-stamp
dh_testdir
dh_testroot
dh_prep
dh_installdirs
sh debian/make_packages.sh
Creating firebird3.0-server-core content
Creating firebird3.0-server content
stdin not open for reading!
stdin not open for reading!
dh_installman: man --recode UTF-8 ./fbtracemgr\.1 > fbtracemgr\.1\.new
returned exit code 2
debian/rules:217: recipe for target 'install-stamp' failed
make: *** [install-stamp] Error 2

Let me know if you would like me to send the entire log.

It may be that following the same steps would yield the same result under
Aranym that I got under qemu (being that Andreas was able to build
3.0.1.32609 under Aranym).

Or it may be that you, Andreas and I have attempted to build three
different versions of firebird3.0, meaning that our results can't be
compared.

But my guess is that your build chroots and/or their host kernel is
different to this system in some small but significant way.

P.S. This thread could perhaps be confined to the debian-68k list?