Re: Futex problems with firebird3.0 and openjdk-8 on m68k

On 05/11/2017 04:46 AM, Finn Thain wrote:
> Or maybe a race condition in the kernel or glibc futex implementation?

On qemu-m68k, the kernel isn't even running. And on Aranym, I'm running
the same kernel on which it works with an older chroot. And, as I said,
when I replace the libjvm.so itself, it works. So, it seems the library
is getting somehow miscompiled.

> If so, the problem won't be apparent from comparing libjvm builds. Are there
> any other known issues with libjvm on m68k?

Not that I know of. However, since I haven't managed yet to do a clean
openjdk build on Debian/m68k, I can't really say.

> I can run the kernel futex test suite under QEMU once this debootstrap
> issue is sorted:
>
> dpkg: error processing package mac-fdisk (--configure):
>  subprocess installed post-installation script returned error exit status 2
>  mac-fdisk
> Setting up mac-fdisk (0.1-16+b1) ...

I'm not sure why you keep including mac-fdisk in your debbootstrap run,
it's not required at all. A regular debootstrap works without problems,
it's performed regularly on the buildds:

# debootstrap --no-check-gpg --include=apt,nano,aptitude,vim unstable unstable-m68k ftp://ftp.debian-ports.org/debian

Or, when cross-bootstrapping:

# debootstrap --no-check-gpg --arch=m68k --foreign --include=apt,nano,aptitude,vim unstable unstable-m68k ftp://ftp.debian-ports.org/debian

Adrian

--
 .''`.  John Paul Adrian Glaubitz