Re: Futex problems with firebird3.0 and openjdk-8 on m68k

On Wed, 10 May 2017, John Paul Adrian Glaubitz wrote:

> On 05/10/2017 11:21 PM, Thorsten Glaser wrote:

> > Does diffing the disassembly of (parts of) that give any meaningful
> > information? Maybe rather the individual .a files in libjvm.a?
>
> Hmm, that could be an idea. However, I don't have a static library at
> the moment, just the dynamic one.
>
> Here's a tarball containing the working one and the broken one, with the
> SUSE one being the one that works:
>
> > https://people.debian.org/~glaubitz/libjvm-m68k.tgz

Or maybe a race condition in the kernel or glibc futex implementation? If
so, the problem won't be apparent from comparing libjvm builds. Are there
any other known issues with libjvm on m68k?

I can run the kernel futex test suite under QEMU once this debootstrap
issue is sorted:

dpkg: error processing package mac-fdisk (--configure):
 subprocess installed post-installation script returned error exit status 2
 mac-fdisk
Setting up mac-fdisk (0.1-16+b1) ...
dpkg: error: unknown option --print-installation-architecture

(Or maybe on some other system, given remote access.)