Re: Futex problems with firebird3.0 and openjdk-8 on m68k

On 05/10/2017 11:21 PM, Thorsten Glaser wrote:
> Does diffing the disassembly of (parts of) that give any meaningful
> information? Maybe rather the individual .a files in libjvm.a?

Hmm, that could be an idea. However, I don't have a static library at
the moment, just the dynamic one.

Here's a tarball containing the working one and the broken one, with
the SUSE one being the one that works:

> https://people.debian.org/~glaubitz/libjvm-m68k.tgz

> As for the main problem, no idea. I don’t even know what a futex is.
> Only that it has something to do with multiple CPUs. (And wasn’t m68k
> Linux currently single-CPU only?)

Well, futexes are used for locking and since the code in question
is capable of multi-threading in general, it would still contain
futex calls, wouldn't it?

Adrian

--
 .''`.  John Paul Adrian Glaubitz