Re: Futex problems with firebird3.0 and openjdk-8 on m68k

On Thu, 11 May 2017, John Paul Adrian Glaubitz wrote:

> On 05/11/2017 04:46 AM, Finn Thain wrote:
> > Or maybe a race condition in the kernel or glibc futex implementation?
>
> On qemu-m68k, the kernel isn't even running.

That's promising, but it doesn't eliminate glibc as a potential problem.
Do we have glibc test suite results?

> And on Aranym, I'm running the same kernel on which it works with an
> older chroot. And, as I said, when I replace the libjvm.so itself, it
> works. So, it seems the library is getting somehow miscompiled.

... and hence my race condition hypothesis. But I'm guessing.

> > If so, the problem won't be apparent from comparing libjvm builds. Are
> > there any other known issues with libjvm on m68k?
>
> Not that I know of. However, since I haven't managed yet to do a clean
> openjdk build on Debian/m68k, I can't really say.
>
> > I can run the kernel futex test suite under QEMU once this debootstrap
> > issue is sorted:
> >
> > dpkg: error processing package mac-fdisk (--configure):
> >  subprocess installed post-installation script returned error exit status 2
> > Errors were encountered while processing:
> >  mac-fdisk
> > Setting up mac-fdisk (0.1-16+b1) ...
>
> I'm not sure why you keep including mac-fdisk in your debbootstrap run,

AFAIK I didn't include it. How would it get included?

> it's not required at all.

It shouldn't be; it's not useful on most m68k platforms.

> A regular debootstrap works without problems, it's performed regularly
> on the buildds:
>
> # debootstrap --no-check-gpg --include=apt,nano,aptitude,vim unstable unstable-m68k ftp://ftp.debian-ports.org/debian
>
> Or, when cross-bootstrapping:
>
> # debootstrap --no-check-gpg --arch=m68k --foreign --include=apt,nano,aptitude,vim unstable unstable-m68k ftp://ftp.debian-ports.org/debian

Here's the command I used:

debootstrap --arch=m68k --foreign --no-check-gpg --include=apt,nano unstable /export/debian-68k http://ftp.de.debian.org/debian-ports

Full disclosure:

# which debootstrap
/usr/sbin/debootstrap
# equery belongs /usr/sbin/debootstrap
 * Searching for /usr/sbin/debootstrap ...
dev-util/debootstrap-1.0.87 (/usr/sbin/debootstrap)
#

Yep, it's Gentoo. But to be fair, it performed a native debootstrap just
fine. Next time I'll use the native chroot to debootstrap the m68k one.