Re: Linux kernel 3.2.0-3-amiga misses Cyberstorm 1 SCSI

Christian T. Steigies wrote:
Is it running stable? I think I had upgraded one of crest/kullervo already
but the machine was becoming unresponsive after some hours/days. Not
something to return to NMMN.
Unresponsive with regards to network, or totally dead?

Network might suffer from IRQ watchdog madness which can be worked around by the right kernel option (noirqdebug works for my softirq NE2000 hack).
It would be nice to collect info like this (hardware/driver
status, usable
monitors, installation hints...) in the wiki. I am not using m68k
hardware
often enough, so I always start from scratch. Next time I should
add some
notes to the wiki.
Good idea. Usually I blog about those kind of things because I
forget easily as well, but can remember that I blogged about an
issue.

Yes, that is good, reminds me to find some time for this. But having
step-by-step instructions ok a wiki could be even more useful. I stopped
using AmigaOS some time ago so I am forgetting basic things. I prefer to
setup the Amiga by placing the HDD in a PC and do things from there. With
the Mac and Atari it is even worse, as I have never really used that myself.
Convincing the Atari to boot from harddisk will always remain a mystery to me.
And you cannot even plug the IDE disk into a PC :-)

BTW: I'm right now in the progress of trying to setup a buildd
chroot. Once done, I try to make a tarball out of it that can be
used by the other machines as well.
Next step would then be to check if buildd infrastructure is working
properly (quinn-diff, wanna-build, sbuild, etc)...

You are at least three steps ahead of me...
Four or more ahead of me :-) Good luck with the nightmare that is wanna-build.

Cheers,