Re: Linux kernel 3.2.0-3-amiga misses Cyberstorm 1 SCSI

On Sun, Nov 11, 2012 at 05:48:45PM +1300, schmitz wrote:
> Ingo,
> >Someone has to provide the patches in the first place. I remember
> >looking into what would be required to port the CS driver(s) to
> >the ESP core driver and it did not appear to be terribly
> >complicated. That project got shelved when RL got a bit too busy,
> >though.
> Seems I misremembered - that was for the Blizzard 2060 driver (one
> of Christian's Amigas has such a card). The two should be similar
> enough to restart from there.

Yes, please, I think thats what stopped me from upgrading aahz (A2k).
I still have a mail from last year July in my inbox from Geert, where he
said the same thing, it should be very easy. Unfortunately I did not get to
play with it yet, all these falling leaves drive me crazy... and the
computer "museum" is still full of unpacked boxes. I still hope that one day
(on your next visit?) all machines will be ready to use.

But I also have crest and kullervo (A3k and A4k) with SCSI drivers, that
probably do not work anymore in current kernels. I should try to hook them
up to my TV/monitor, it would indeed be nice to get rid of the flicker
fixer. But does NMMN have a flatscreen TV in its datacenter? Small screens
are not very expensive, if they also work, maybe they can get one, since
they always offer to support Debian.

It would be nice to collect info like this (hardware/driver status, usable
monitors, installation hints...) in the wiki. I am not using m68k hardware
often enough, so I always start from scratch. Next time I should add some
notes to the wiki.

Christian