Re: Linux kernel 3.2.0-3-amiga misses Cyberstorm 1 SCSI

On 2012-11-12 10:49, Christian T. Steigies wrote:
Kullervo should work without any problems as it's an A3000 and
Arrakis is the same, which runs happily on 3.2.0-3-amiga.
Is it running stable? I think I had upgraded one of crest/kullervo already
but the machine was becoming unresponsive after some hours/days. Not
something to return to NMMN.

Yes, absolutely stable. You can login to both and see it by yourself - except that both machines are now powered off due a announced power outage today and Wednesday.

Good idea. Usually I blog about those kind of things because I
forget easily as well, but can remember that I blogged about an
issue.
Yes, that is good, reminds me to find some time for this. But having
step-by-step instructions ok a wiki could be even more useful.

Step-by-step instructions are becoming outdated quickly. ;)
Basically you can follow what I've mentioned in my blog entry, but then you'll need to watch the errors from dpkg carefully, do some --force-depends or --force-all, get some more packages from snapshot.debian.org. Nothing really complicated. It's just a little bit time consuming, as always on m68k. ;) And a good tip is: make a copy of a working installation and have it bootable on a different partition/disk. ;)

I stopped
using AmigaOS some time ago so I am forgetting basic things. I prefer to setup the Amiga by placing the HDD in a PC and do things from there. With the Mac and Atari it is even worse, as I have never really used that myself.
Convincing the Atari to boot from harddisk will always remain a
mystery to me.

Same for me, but upgrading to unstable required no action under AmigaOS other than editing the startup script to change the amiboot line to match the kernel and another option.

BTW: I'm right now in the progress of trying to setup a buildd
chroot. Once done, I try to make a tarball out of it that can be
used by the other machines as well.
Next step would then be to check if buildd infrastructure is working
properly (quinn-diff, wanna-build, sbuild, etc)...
You are at least three steps ahead of me...

Well, it's the 3rd or 4th machine I upgraded. Maybe that explains it... ;-)

--
Ciao...          //    Fon: 0381-2744150
.     Ingo     \X/     http://blog.windfluechter.net

gpg pubkey: http://www.juergensmann.de/ij_public_key.