Re: Linux kernel 3.2.0-3-amiga misses Cyberstorm 1 SCSI

On Sun, Nov 11, 2012 at 12:18:14PM +0100, Ingo J?rgensmann wrote:
> On 2012-11-11 11:57, Christian T. Steigies wrote:
>
> >But I also have crest and kullervo (A3k and A4k) with SCSI
> >drivers, that
> >probably do not work anymore in current kernels.
>
> Kullervo should work without any problems as it's an A3000 and
> Arrakis is the same, which runs happily on 3.2.0-3-amiga.

Is it running stable? I think I had upgraded one of crest/kullervo already
but the machine was becoming unresponsive after some hours/days. Not
something to return to NMMN.

> I got one from my employer. We have/ahd many old TV flat screens
> from our ships. I'll provide the panel to NMMN, because it has Scart
> as well as VGA/DVI inputs... it's a 4:3 19" or something like that
> from LG (LG L193ST).

That would be useful to have.

> >It would be nice to collect info like this (hardware/driver
> >status, usable
> >monitors, installation hints...) in the wiki. I am not using m68k
> >hardware
> >often enough, so I always start from scratch. Next time I should
> >add some
> >notes to the wiki.
>
> Good idea. Usually I blog about those kind of things because I
> forget easily as well, but can remember that I blogged about an
> issue.

Yes, that is good, reminds me to find some time for this. But having
step-by-step instructions ok a wiki could be even more useful. I stopped
using AmigaOS some time ago so I am forgetting basic things. I prefer to
setup the Amiga by placing the HDD in a PC and do things from there. With
the Mac and Atari it is even worse, as I have never really used that myself.
Convincing the Atari to boot from harddisk will always remain a mystery to me.

> BTW: I'm right now in the progress of trying to setup a buildd
> chroot. Once done, I try to make a tarball out of it that can be
> used by the other machines as well.
> Next step would then be to check if buildd infrastructure is working
> properly (quinn-diff, wanna-build, sbuild, etc)...

You are at least three steps ahead of me...

Christian