Re: Linux kernel 3.2.0-3-amiga misses Cyberstorm 1 SCSI

Ingo,
On 2012-11-09 07:19, Geert Uytterhoeven wrote:

    [SCSI] remove m68k NCR53C9x based drivers
The CyberStorm/CyberStorm II/Blizzard 1230/2060/Fastlane/Oktagon SCSI
drivers should be resurrected using the newer esp_scsi core, like was
already done for Mac ESP and Sun3x SCSI.

What I might can do to help here: upgrading the box to unstable, compiling test kernel, applying patches and see if it works...

Someone has to provide the patches in the first place. I remember looking into what would be required to port the CS driver(s) to the ESP core driver and it did not appear to be terribly complicated. That project got shelved when RL got a bit too busy, though.

I'll see what needs too be done to get that project started back up, along with a few other odds and ends on the Atari side. Debugging such a ported driver might be all but impossible at the distance though.

What you will need in any case is a bootable and networked system on the IDE disk. Another thing that might be useful is the 2.6 kernel - do you still have source for that one? The old driver might report useful information about how the ESP is configured if we add a bit of verbosity to it.

I've not hacked any SCSI stuff in a few years so progress may be slow.

Cheers,