Re: crest & kullervo

On Wed, May 04, 2011 at 04:48:50PM -0500, Stephen R Marenka wrote:

> On Wed, May 4, 2011 2:36 pm, Christian T. Steigies wrote:
>
> > kullervo is online again, with only the 250GB disk.  I used the debian-sid
> > iso from Stephen (are you listening?  I guess this counts as being tested
>
> I'm listening. :-D

Good!

> The way Thorsten is working, I'm going to have to figure out how d-i
> builds again.

It would be nice to have an updated installer disk. I shot myself in the foot
upgrading from sid/lenny to todays sid by upgrading libc6 before rebooting to
the new kernel... nothing that can not be fixed, but you don't want to do
that.

However, the current (TLS) kernels have problems with the ariadne2 network
card, which, I think all Amigas here but crest have (ariadne1 in crest).
I get error messages like this with 2.6.32 and 2.6.38

 eth0: mismatched read page pointers 4f vs 4c.

So no network connection, I can not complete the upgrade and the machine is
not very useful as a buildd like this. The sid/lenny kernel does not boot
anymore, since it does not support TLS...

Christian