Re: crest & kullervo

On Sun, May 01, 2011 at 02:33:34PM +0200, Christian T. Steigies wrote:
> On Sun, May 01, 2011 at 10:16:45AM +0200, Geert Uytterhoeven wrote:
> > On Sun, May 1, 2011 at 05:23, schmitz
> > <schmitz@biophys.uni-duesseldorf.de> wrote:
> > >
> > > I had feared that - old SCSI disks don't like extended downtimes.
> >
> > Not only SCSI disks, the same applies to IDE.
>
> I guess, so it would be good to replace the old (boot) disks.

kullervo is online again, with only the 250GB disk.  I used the debian-sid
iso from Stephen (are you listening?  I guess this counts as being tested
now).  I only had to do minor modifications (uncompressing the kernel-image,
adding info files to be able to click through).  Using the AmiCDFS2 driver,
I could finish the installation with the CD-Rom.  Using the hd-media method
did not work, the installer would not find the iso image on the harddisk.

kullervo:~# cat /etc/debian_version
lenny/sid
kullervo:~# uname -a
Linux kullervo 2.6.26-1-amiga #1 Thu Oct 16 08:59:25 CDT 2008 m68k GNU/Linux

So its running lenny now, but there are not a lot of packages on the netinst
iso. Is there is lenny or even better squeeze mirror? On debian-ports I only
see sid/unstable, which is maybe a little too new for a buildd?

Thanks for the links to the power supplies, I should give it a try.

Christian