Re: X on Mac

> > whoops, looks you guys beat me to it. both finn's 20 and christians 21
> > have
> >
> > CONFIG_MAC_ADBKEYCODES=y
>
> That's because I used the debian config for that kernel. I build smaller
> kernels for myself, and I don't enable CONFIG_MAC_ADBKEYCODES. It doesn't
> do anything in 2.6.x. It should be removed from Kconfig.

It used to work until about 2.6.14 or shortly before that; I kept my
powermac at ADB keycodes for a long time because Linux keycode was utterly
broken.

> > i should try booting with kernel option keyboard_sends_linux_keycodes=1
>
> The 2.6.x kernel doesn't use that either (I don't know if userspace does
> anything with it).

That kernel option (or sysctl key) switched to Linux keycodes if ADB
keycodes were compiled in. Testing the proc file
/proc/sys/mac_hid/keyboard_sends_linux_keycodes was the only way to figure
out what kind of keycodes were used, and set the console maps accordingly.