Re: installing etch on atari

On Mon, Feb 05, 2007 at 05:59:10PM +0100, Michael Schmitz wrote:

> > > Because this would be the first real test of Atari SCSI in 2.6, I guess.
> > > Should be fine for reading the CD though (depending on how prone the
> > > Falcon is to DMA clock problems; make sure to boot in ST-High
> > > resolution!).
> >
> > Yes, SCSI is disabled, but if you say it works, I can try. Thee is not much
>
> Please do - if you have all my patches it should work (i.e. recover from
> timeout/reset cycles).

I've built one with SCSI drivers, it will appear as:

http://people.debian.org/~cts/debian-m68k/linux-image/linux-image-2.6.18-4-garkin_2.6.18.dfsg.1-10_m68k.deb

Unfortunately the Falcon is continously crashing now, maybe I have to clock
it down. But it seems I have also lost the software to slow down the
clock... so I found xcontrol and put xcontrol.acc in C:, now I get a
segfault during boot. Yeah, how do I get around that? Does zcontrol work any
better?

> split, perhaps. Or initialize the TOS partition first, then plug that disk
> into a PC (taking care that the cluster size is <= 4k IIRC!) and copy the
> files over.

I have a 256 and a 512MB partition now, one of those should work, but I
can't find my USB case for the hdd right now.

> Another option would be a SCSI Zip drive.

I don't have a ZIP drive, but I have a MOD, which is not recognized by
hddriver it seems...

> If that 2.6.18 still has SCSI disabled, you'll need a new one (you do have
> a SCSI CD-ROM, do you?).

Yes, I have a SCSI CD-Rom, the one that I bought for my Amiga a long time
ago (so old, that it does not read cd-rw). I wouldn't even know how to
connect an IDE CD-Rom or DVD to the Falcon, there is just one IDE port and
the IDE cable has only one connector.

Christian