Re: m68k not a release arch for etch; status in testing, future plans?

On Sat, Oct 21, 2006 at 09:40:35PM -0400, Mark Duckworth wrote:

> Still curious as to what the install procedure is.  Do I have to burn
> those umpteen million CD's?  Will D-I work, will the ATAboot boot a CD?

The first CD should be enough, you can install the rest via the network.
Actually, you only need a handful of files to boot the install system, all
additional packages can be downloaded via the network, from a CD, or your
harddisk, if you can place them there in TOS. Might even be possible with
booting from floppy, didn't sarge ship with a couple of atari floppy images?

I installed sarge on the CT60,using the 2.2.25 kernel that shipped with the
CD. To make beter use of the serial connections, I now use a 2.4.30 kernel
from Michael. This one does not allow me to mount the TOS partition though,
so exachangin files with TOS (ie newer kernels) is kind of painful.

Booting from CD does not work AFAIK, but I have no CD-Rom connected to my
CT60. I think I did the initial install using a MO disk to store packages
there.

Christian