Re: m68k not a release arch for etch; status in testing, future plans?

> > > I have a Falcon/CT60 with EtherNAT (MII driver support for linux may or
> > > may not work easily)
> >
> > How did you get the EtherNAT? I've been waiting for a year now for the two
> > boards that I ordered and paid for. Writing a Linux driver for the board
> > would be a great help for the two CT60 machines that the m68k porters
> > already have. Those machines are connected via a serial link, which makes
> > down- and uploading slow and not todally reliable. Having those connected
> > via 100MBit ethernet would be great!
> >
> > Christian
>
> My etherNAT is defective in some way shape or form.  It can only work
> using the 200hz timer rather than interrupt operation, and therefore it

That would still be nice enough.

> is a bit slower.  I still get like 800KB/sec though which is a heck of a
> lot better even than the 400KB/sec the ethernec gets.  Is there a linux
> driver for the ethernec?  Any advice on how to get debian installed onto

I think not. It would not be too difficult to write one; the only thing
that is special is doing the writes by reading from a particular address.

There's no Linux driver for the EtherNAT either. That should be even
simpler to write (other than the timer polling that would be necessary for
you). Maybe you just need a firmware update on the CT60?

Petr was going to send me an EtherNEC once he got one, so I could get at
least that in the kernel.

> my falcon?  Netboot, cd, etc?  Should I use the kernel and bootloader
> that Didier Mequignon provided?

The Kernel isn't that critical; a stock 2.4.30 from the Debian sources
works for me. 2.6 support is still not quite there yet.

> As for how I got my EtherNAT, I don't know but there's a lot of really
> p*ssed off people that know I have mine.  I only got it a couple weeks
> ago.

I can imagine ...