Re: m68k not a release arch for etch; status in testing, future plans?

On Fri, 2006-10-20 at 03:44 +0200, Christian T. Steigies wrote:
> On Thu, Oct 19, 2006 at 02:41:59PM -0400, Mark Duckworth wrote:
> >
> > I have a Falcon/CT60 with EtherNAT (MII driver support for linux may or
> > may not work easily)
>
> How did you get the EtherNAT? I've been waiting for a year now for the two
> boards that I ordered and paid for. Writing a Linux driver for the board
> would be a great help for the two CT60 machines that the m68k porters
> already have. Those machines are connected via a serial link, which makes
> down- and uploading slow and not todally reliable. Having those connected
> via 100MBit ethernet would be great!
>
> Christian

My etherNAT is defective in some way shape or form.  It can only work
using the 200hz timer rather than interrupt operation, and therefore it
is a bit slower.  I still get like 800KB/sec though which is a heck of a
lot better even than the 400KB/sec the ethernec gets.  Is there a linux
driver for the ethernec?  Any advice on how to get debian installed onto
my falcon?  Netboot, cd, etc?  Should I use the kernel and bootloader
that Didier Mequignon provided?

As for how I got my EtherNAT, I don't know but there's a lot of really
p*ssed off people that know I have mine.  I only got it a couple weeks
ago.

Thanks,
Mark