Re: debian-installer/sarge

> > What's w3m used for? Converting html to text we used to do with lynx  ...
>
> For converting to text:
> <fjp> IIRC we did use lynx originally. Not sure why we switched to w3m, but
> there was a reason...

And I'd be interested to learn the reason.

> Ok, now the fun thing. w3m works on my Atari, which also runs stable but
> with a 2.4.30 kernel. The Amiga runs the "unstable" kernel, but I don't see
> how that should interfer with user space. It also segfaults on my mac, which
> also runs 2.6.17. Maybe I have to build d-i while running a 2.4 kernel? I am

That would be a reason to stick with 2.4 on the buildds for the time
being. We'll need to verify that, though. Can you keep a log of what
package versions were installed on the working vs. crashing buildd?

> trying that on the atari, but the serial connection is so bad, I have
> trouble downloading the files. If I can't get this done by sunday, somebody

Yep, I feel your pain alright :-)

> else will have to take over. I will be mostly away for a couple of weeks,
> who wants to take my logs? Stephen already sends some replies, do we need
> another taker?

I can handle logs as well.