Re: [buildd] Etch?

Finn Thain wrote:
Getting Debian/68k to run on ColdFire _will_ solve many problems. It will not magically fix the toolchain, that much is clear; however, it will get us hardware that is much beefier than what we have now, and this is much needed:

What's the status of etch on aranym?

I have installed woody, sarge and even early etch on ARAnyM but unfortunately it was not running stable enough. I suspect there is a minor bug somewhere in CPU or hardware emulation (that doesn't appear under other Atari operating systems!) that causes the instability. I haven't been able to track it down, though. It's a pity since I got even the ethernet networking working so it would be real easy to use ARAnyM as a debian build machine.

In the following message (Feb 2006) I explain how weird it behaves:
https://lists.bobek.cz/pipermail/cz-bobek-lists-aranym/2006-February/008657.html

Few simple steps to get the linux-m68k (actually Debian Sarge) running on ARAnyM: http://wiki.aranym.org/manual#linuxm68k_on_aranym

Petr