Re: [buildd] Etch?

On Thu, Aug 03, 2006 at 09:24:36PM +0200, Roman Zippel wrote:
> Well, I guess we have to accept that it won't be fixed shortly, but we
> shouldn't give up completely. :)

Well, okay. For clarity, that's not what I'm doing. I think that it's
too late for etch (although I won't stop trying), but I do think that we
will be able to make it back in -- especially if the ColdFire thing ever
gets to work.

> The problem is that we don't have enough people, who can deal with the
> toolchain problems and that they are rather time consuming doesn't make it
> easier...

Right.

> I'll try to spend some time chasing bugs. As I can't follow the bug flow
> all the time, it would be very important to easily find the current
> problems, but also problems which where "fixed" via workarounds. Good bug
> management is really important, so anyone can quickly get an overview of
> the problems.

True. That's a very good point, actually.

Stephen's been doing some amazing work in this regard, you may want to
check out his pages.

--
Fun will now commence