[buildd] Etch?

Hi all,

I don't know what everyone else thinks about it here, but it would
appear to me that making it in time for Etch is not going to happen
anymore now.
* Too many compiler bugs
* As a result, too many uncompiled packages since *ages*. We haven't
  been over the 95% mark of the buildd.debian.org "graph" (as opposed to
  "graph2") since almost a year, if I'm not mistaken, which is just
  terribly bad.
* Even if we *would* be able to fix our toolchain in time (I would find
  that highly unlikely, but still), then it would take us at least some
  weeks, if not months, to compile away our backlog. There are some
  large packages in failed and dep-wait currently.

I'm a bit pessimistic about the future of our port currently. What are
everyone else's thoughts on this?

Should we just accept that we're not going to make it, or am I being too
quick to forget about it here?

--
Fun will now commence