Re: [buildd] Etch?

On Fri, Aug 04, 2006 at 01:30:16AM +0200, Wouter Verhelst wrote:

> Well, okay. For clarity, that's not what I'm doing. I think that it's
> too late for etch (although I won't stop trying), but I do think that we
> will be able to make it back in -- especially if the ColdFire thing ever
> gets to work.

It would be nice if CF would help us to keep the port alive, but I fear
other problems will arise then like incompatibilities between CF and m68k
code.

> > I'll try to spend some time chasing bugs. As I can't follow the bug flow
> > all the time, it would be very important to easily find the current
> > problems, but also problems which where "fixed" via workarounds. Good bug
> > management is really important, so anyone can quickly get an overview of
> > the problems.
> True. That's a very good point, actually.
> Stephen's been doing some amazing work in this regard, you may want to
> check out his pages.

I've offered him an account on buildd.net so that he could implement his
pages there (and for all other archs).

Sadly, all the information is widely spreaded somehow:
- buildd.d.o
- buildd.net
- Stephens pages
- Debian BTS
- Igloos pages
- Debian Wiki
- others...

IMHO, it's not surprising when someone has difficulties to find the right
information he's looking for. I'm open to implement more stuff to Buildd.Net
and Felipe A. v.d. Wiel and I (and to some degree Joey) are working on the
backend system of Buildd.Net to improve it more. So, feel invited if you
(=someone) are interested in joining!

--
Ciao...                //        Fon: 0381-2744150
      Ingo           \X/         SIP: 2744150@sipgate.de

gpg pubkey: http://www.juergensmann.de/ij/public_key.asc