Re: d-i problem with Penguin-19.sit (SOLVED)

On Sat, 14 Aug 2004, Kilian Krause wrote:

> Hi Finn,
> > I suggest you check your netmasks (as in 192.168.x.x/16, rather than
> > "192.168.x/24").
> it is a 192.168.70.x.*/24 netmask.. i was just writing short style.
> Moreover i have been able to track this a bit more down. All connections
> from 100MBit switched LAN will make the m68k network go down and have
> dreadfully slow connections. All requests from the m68k to the internet
> through my DSL uplink work fine howsoever.

When using DSL from the mac, is the switch involved, or is the mac plugged
into the DSL router directly? When the DSL router is plugged into the
switch, does it negotiate a 10 Mb/s link with the switch? Maybe you can
hang the mac off a 10 MBit hub as a workaround (if you have one handy).

> Aparently the NIC can't queue packets from the 100MBit properly and
> therefore is loosing at least a number of them which are resent, but at
> a slow throughput rate.

Does the driver complain at all? Anything in dmesg?