Re: Security? Re: Somebody build python2 for unstable (please, please!)

On Thu, Apr 26, 2001 at 12:22:38AM +0200, Ingo Juergensmann wrote:

> quinn-diff is available seperatedly, I think...
quinn-diff is in the archive.

> > > but Michael Schmitz will be able to tell you more.
> > I'll ask him for more information. Thx!
> > BTW: Why is there no buildd in the archive? Especially when configured
> > using some nice debconf-things, this would encourage people that are not
> > that technically skilled to set up auto-build-environments. Is there an
> > emotional or a technical reason to that?
>
> Somewhat of both, I think.
I think you got the question wrong?
buildd (and sbuild and wanna-build) are not packaged because configuration
is a bit difficult and not easy to do automatically. That is, there are
packages built from CVS (some weeks ago), they do work somehow, but you
still have to configure a few things by hand. Even if you only want to use
sbuild to build packages with source-depends, just experienced that myself,
I am not completely happy with it yet. If you want to try those (not updated
for a while though), contact me privately, I do not want to announce them
for general use, as they are completely unoffical.

BTW my power-up converter was in my appartment yesterday, its working and my
Amiga seems to boot ok, as far as I could hear :-)

Christian
--
http://people.debian.org/~cts/debian-m68k/potato