Re: buildd hosts

On Wed, Apr 25, 2001 at 10:32:56PM -0700, Mike Fedyk wrote:

> DMUP? What's that?

http://www.debian.org/devel/dmup

1. Debian GNU/Linux -- Debian Machine Usage Policies [1]
    Debian Machine Usage Policies Version 1.1.1 Introduction This document
    describes the policies for using Debian machines and all
    rules surrounding those In short: Don't by any wilful, deliberate,
    reckless or unlawful act interfere with the work of an...
      + http://www.debian.org/devel/dmup (text/html) undefined, 15710 bytes

> Yes, those look good, but how do we verify you?  When I asked the question
> myself, I wondered why they'd trust me to do that...

Authorization is granted as usual through appropriate certificates, such as
gpg keys/encrypted mails with passwd entries.
A buildd requires root/sudo access for developers (in short). Sure, not
every maintainer who want to build a package with sbuild need that access to
outworld of chroot, but this shows why there is no buildd package in the
archive. Running a buildd is *not* trivial! ;-)

--
Ciao...                    // PowerAnimator & Maya Operator
      Ingo               \X/  To boldly design where noone designed before!