Re: Security? Re: Somebody build python2 for unstable (please, please!)

On Wed, Apr 25, 2001 at 10:48:30PM +0200, Wouter Verhelst wrote:

> > Christian meant debian-68k list.
> And even then he's wrong ;-)
> (But, granted, I'm only reading this list for about a week now)

:->

> [buildd on A3000/25]
[...]
> > But a 030-25 is not really the fastest machine on earth and every app
> > running in background will significantly increase build times.
> Doesn't this go for most all m68k-boxes these days? ;-)

Uhm, I do not consider a 060 slow - only as not so fast as todays standards.
;-)

> Anyway, I've got a Centris 650 here too, which is mainly being used as
> "input device" for my other system (who's monitor is broken).
> Which means it's got lots of spare CPU-cycles, but OTOH it's got 16MB of

>From my point of view, watching the buildd on arrakis, 32 MB should be the
recommended minimum amount of RAM. The more the better, of course. ;))
But when sbuild is building some packages that uses cc1plus for compiling,
memory is all. Some cc1plus processes grow easily to 80 MB and swapping will
be machines main task then.

> RAM (and I can probably still add some) and lots of diskspace, both
> on an old 4.1GB server disk (very fun, that one) and on NFS (My
> workstation is switched off at night, but it's got 40 Gigs, so when it's
> really necessary, I could probably get some more space there). So I
> compiled the buildd-package

Well, as stated to Branden, the chroot enviroment, which is needed, dislike
NFS drives.

> However, I've not been able to find out how to configure buildd and
> friends to automagically download and compile stuff. Could anyone help me
> out here?

Uhm, if I remember correctly, you don't need buildd source but sbuild & co.,
but Michael Schmitz will be able to tell you more. He set up the latest
buildds, so he should know... ;))

--
Ciao...                    // PowerAnimator & Maya Operator
      Ingo               \X/  To boldly design where noone designed before!