Re: Security? Re: Somebody build python2 for unstable (please, please!)

On Thu, 26 Apr 2001, Ingo Juergensmann wrote:

> > > recommended minimum amount of RAM. The more the better, of course. ;))
> > Should be no problem.
>
> Uhm, well, time to mention that donations of RAM and disk space (and may be
> other hardware) are always welcome for the other buildds... ;-)))

I don't think this would prove useful. This is just 72 pins
Fastpage-RAM; in some 2nd hand PC-stores you can easily find this. And
cheaper than me sending this to someone else by snail mail ;-)

> > As I said, it's still possible to add some RAM to this machine. I must be
> > having some unused RAM-SIMMs lying around here, and there's an unused
> > Centris 610 (No network, LC040) here too. With 20 Megs of RAM.
>
> See, when someone else would be able to donate a network card for this
> machine... ;-)

Then I'd still need a harddisk (250 MB is hardly enough), a better
processor (an LC040 can run Linux, but only partially), and a Mac
ADB-keyboard plus monitor (I'd at least like to be able to use a console,
but no idea where to find these things)

Let's stick to the C650 ;-)

<snip NFS-building>

> But I guess, this could be changed to a nfs friendly way of file locking and
> so on by a skilled person...

Hmmm... or just use another network filesystem. There's something called
"CODA", but I've not seen it yet. And how about SMB?

No need to stick to the outdated security strainer that NFS is...

<snip>

--
wouter dot verhelst at advalvas in belgium
#ifdef NOT_A_GODDAMN_YANK