Re: Sponsorhip Levels in EUR (was: Finishing the sponsorship brochure)

On Sat, Aug 16, 2014 at 06:48:54PM +0200, martin f krafft wrote:
> also sprach Michael Banck <mbanck@debian.org> [2014-08-16 15:54 +0200]:
> > Well actually, I think a useful baseline would be to have the
> > EUR-converted DC14 levels, i.e. roughly 1500/4500/9000/18500.
>
> Generally, everything gets more expensive, including venues etc..

The rate of inflation right now is close to 0%, maybe a few percent (but
really below 3%), so 35-70% is not even the same sport.

> However, DC levels have stayed more or less the same, even gone down
> from one year to the next. I think that's not a good trend. We
> should work towards a continuous rise of the amounts required for
> each level.

I am not against a moderate increase in the levels with respect to DC13
or DC14, but even a direct conversion back to EUR is a huge increase.

> My proposal may well be too high. But I certainly don't think we
> should go below what we currently have, i.e. DC13 levels expressed
> in EUR.

We don't have that currently, it's just a random git commit nobody has
agreed upon.

> > E.g. when we last looked at Munich, it was made clear that it was
> > unlikely we'd get financial support from the city.  I guess it
> > would be possible to get some, but it would mean more work, like
> > writing grant proposals and stuff.
>
> Sure. Are we not ready to do this work to get the money?

Well, it's unclear whether this is a path which leads to success even if
we do everything right.  Writing grant proposals is not for the faint of
the heart and I think there is much less to be reaped in well-developped
countries.

Michael